I love this hash. It is the most excellent thing to make in the morning because it tastes like sunshine makes me feel like Chanticleer on the farm. I literally take a bite, slap my knees and belt out Rock A DOOOOOO. The flavors of this dish are so strong and bright, they require very little seasoning. I only add a pinch of salt, maybe, if I’m feeling extra salty.
Butternut Bacon Hash
- 1 butternut squash, cooked and cubed (I buy them precut from the grocery, and then microwave, when I’m feeling lazy)
- 5 strips of bacon, chopped, (save the drippings)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 peeled carrot
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix n a 9×13 cooking dish all ingredients.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of bacon fat over the mixture, and mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until everything is soft