Even if you are “the worst cook ever” you can’t f*** Gazpacho up! I wasn’t really satisfied with any of the Gazpacho recipes that I found, so I thought I would add what I usually put in my mixture:
Knifey Spoony Gazpacho:
- Chop into dime-sized pieces:
- 5 tomatoes (heirloom, on the vine, roma)
- 2 cucumbers (I peel mine first because the skin has food grade wax aka possible corn)
- 2-4 red peppers (as many as you’d like to taste, I scorch mine and peel the skin off for a sweeter taste)
- Take about 1/3 of the ingredients and blend them to a soup texture
- In your blender, add to your soupy mix:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 table spoons olive oil
- part of or a whole spicy pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic (or more f you want?!)
- Salt and pepper to taste 1 teaspoon of each to start and you can add more as you go along
- Combine everything and refridgerate for at least an hour (or longer, if you can stand it.) the longer it sits, the more flavorful the taste.
- Extra: when ready to eat I also added a cubed avocado and half a cup of leftover quinoa.