Cooking in the summer can be the pits: the oven turns your kitchen into a sauna, the fan keeps blowing your stove top fire out, your friends with grills, or better yet, an outdoor kitchen clearly draws the line between the haves and the have-nots. Point being, Chicago is hot and I was stewing in my own juices when I realized that I don’t HAVE to use my oven…certainly we can live on Gazpacho for the next month or so?
Well, I compiled a list of no-cook paleo meals for when an oven is out of the question:
- Ceviche [All Recipes]
- Tuna+Avocado [Epicurious]
- Tomato, Onion, Pepper Recipes
- Italian Marinated Vegetables [Food Network]
- Any kind of salad, really – here are the basics to jazzing up a salad, and here is a great list of Salad Dressings from Paleo Grubs for that random bowl of veggies.
- Steam vegetables, add egg, avocado + Paleo Mayo (plus a lot of modifications are included)
- Carrot, Raisin, and Mint Salad [Raw Guru]
- Shredded Brussels sprouts + Fall vegetable salad w/ garlicky orange tahini dressing [The First Mess]
- Marinated Baby Bok Choy Salad [Raw Guru]
- Micro Green, Fennel, and Apple Salad [Raw Guru]
- Quinoa, Orange, Beet, and Arugula Salad with Orange Balsamic Dressing [Mother Nature Network]
- Broccoli Salad (with Mayo) [Paleoholic]
- Smoothies (make the perfect smoothie from No Meat Athlete]
- More inspiration from Raw Guru
- Chilled Soup
Hey you! I would love to add to this list of anyone knows of an outstanding no cook paleo (or plaeo-ish) recipe, please comment below and I will add to the post.