Even if you are “the worst cook ever” you can’t f*** Gazpacho up! I wasn’t really satisfied with any of the Gazpacho recipes that I found, so I thought I would add what I usually put in my mixture:
I love this hash. It is the most excellent thing to make in the morning because it tastes like sunshine makes me feel like Chanticleer on the farm. I literally take a bite, slap my knees and belt out Rock A DOOOOOO. The flavors of this dish are so strong and bright, they require very little seasoning. I only add a pinch of salt, maybe, if I’m feeling extra salty.
In honor of mother’s day, I’m going to give out my ma’s secret spinach ball recipe.
…just kidding, mom, your secret ingredient is safe with me.
Spinach balls are my mother’s go-to party snack for big family get togethers, and they are quite popular. She kept the recipe a secret for years, but recently her brothers and sisters harassed her into sending the following email to our family.
I can’t make her exact recipe, but I took all the good parts and made it paleo. Substituting bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese with riced cauliflower and sweet potato.
Mom’s (Not So) Secret Spinach Balls
- 2 10 oz frozen chopped spinach and kale, cooked and drained well (de-thawed, microwaved 6 minutes and squeezed)
- 3/4 C butter or ghee
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 cup grated sweet potato (bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees for easier grating)
- 1 cup grated cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of paprika
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until it ‘sets up’, meaning it’s cold enough to form into balls.
- On a greased sheet, make 1” balls with your hands or a fancy kitchen scooping device of choice
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes
This recipe makes a couple dozen balls, so be ready to throw some in the freezer – they freeze very well!
I topped mine with home-made mayo, found here. There is also a recipe for baconayse, which sounds interesting and sends my body into a simultaneous state of desire and repulsion.